2017 Fresh Awards – Blogger Awards
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
As part of the Fresh Awards, Sydney Markets will present two Blogger Awards. These awards will recognise bloggers who have created insightful and interesting stories about an independent greengrocer and/or florist, highlighting the seasonal fresh produce or flowers that they work with. The awards draw attention to the contribution of bloggers who, by sharing their passion for fresh produce with their audiences through their blogs and social media channels, encourage support for independent greengrocers and florists.
$3,000 worth of prizes to be won in each blog award category, including:
- $1,000 cash – payable by cheque or direct deposit
- $1,000 worth of fresh produce or flowers over 12 months
- A paid commission to write two stories to be published by Sydney Markets
- The winning blogs will be published on The Carousel website and promoted via The Carousels social media.
Fresh Awards 2017 Blogger Awards – Greengrocer Story will be awarded to the best personal blog post about a NSW or ACT greengrocer or independent retailer of fresh fruit and vegetables that is published online. Entries must be written in a personalised style and in the 1st person, and promoted through the blogger’s social media channels with the hashtag #thefreshawards.
Fresh Awards 2017 Blogger Awards – Florist Story will be awarded to the best personal blog post about a NSW or ACT florist or fresh flower retailing business that is published online. Entries must be written in a personalised style and in the first person, and promoted through the blogger’s social media channels with the hashtag #thefreshawards.
HOW TO ENTER
Entry into the Blogger Awards is open to Australian residents who write a blog, whether it is for enjoyment, personal development, as part of their job or as a professional blogger. Full details and entry conditions for the Blogger Awards are outlined below.
To be eligible to enter the Blogger Awards:
- Entrants must be:
- Australian residents
- Aged 18 or over on the day the entry is submitted
- The author of the blog entry being submitted
- Blog posts entered must:
- Fall into one of the Blogger Award categories:
- Greengrocer Story, or
- Florist Story
- Be an original written and/or pictorial article on the subject of an independent* greengrocer or independent* florist in NSW or ACT, with the greengrocer or florist business identified by name within the article
*Independent greengrocer or florist means a retailing business that supplies fresh fruit and vegetables or flowers from Australian farms via the central market system to the public.
- Be at least 500, and no more than 1,000 words in length
- Be written specifically for the Australian market, in a personalised style and in the first person
- Have been published on a personal blog or website between 30 July 2016 and 31 March 2017
- Submitted to Sydney Markets for judging via the Fresh Awards website on or before 31 March 2017
- Be live on the entrant's personal blog or website at the time of submission, and remain live on the blog or website during the judging period.
- Entry into the Fresh Awards Blogger Awards is free
- Entrants may only submit ONE entry per category
- Entrants entering both award categories cannot submit the same entry for both awards
- The entry must be an original article for the entrant's blog or website, i.e. not written for an online publication, newspaper or magazine, and not written in exchange for payment of any kind.
- By submitting an entry into the Blogger Awards, the entrants agree that their headshot, bio and blog name will be used to promote their involvement both online and offline by Sydney Markets Limited and its sponsors.
- Entrants agree to provide details including their full name, email address, postal address, headshot, a short bio, their blog/Facebook/Instagram/Pinterest/Twitter/YouTube name, URL, as well as number of followers or subscribers, monthly traffic stats and social media profiles and follower counts for Facebook/Instagram/Pinterest/Twitter/YouTube (if they are active on these channels) if they are selected as a finalist.
- Blogs stats, number of social media channel followers, likes or other metrics will not be used to judge entries.
- The posts submitted for the Fresh Awards may be reproduced by Sydney Markets Limited and its sponsors for the purpose of the awards ceremony, promoting the awards program, use on social media and as acknowledgment of award recipients.
- As well as the above rights of use, the winners of the awards also give permission to Sydney Markets Limited and its sponsors to use the details of the winning submissions in media releases regarding the Fresh Awards.
- Decisions made by Sydney Markets Limited, such as validity of entrants or entries, and decisions by the judges and auditors regarding the winners of the awards are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Employees and contractors of Sydney Markets Limited, sponsors, and any other organisations associated with the Fresh Awards are not eligible to enter.
|Tickets to Fresh Awards on Sale
|Finalists Announced on Website
|2017 Fresh Awards Event, Sydney
- Judging will be conducted by a panel of independent judges selected by Sydney Markets Limited. Information about the judges will be made available on the Fresh Awards website once the judging panel has been selected.
- The Blogger Awards will be awarded to the entries with the highest score as assessed by the professional judging panel, based on the specific posted submission.
- All valid entries received will be shortlisted by the judging panel to a list of finalists. The finalists will be contacted and advised they are finalists prior to the 2017 Fresh Awards event and awards ceremony.
- Judges will be told which award category the entry they are judging belongs to, and given criteria for scoring the entry. The judges' assessments will be sent to independent auditors who will check and compile marks to confirm the winners.
- Each entry will be scored based on the following judging criteria
|Total out of 100
NEED INSPIRATION – STORY IDEAS
Click here for Story Ideas